08 June 2006

4 Years and 364 days


Tomorrow is my five year wedding anniversary to Noa. It oddly feels like a milestone. Probably that's partly because we are actually celebrating in style this year by going away (to a mystery location - Noa hasn't told me where we're going yet!). I got out the ol'wedding album and laughed out loud when I looked at our picture. It's not that we're funny looking (okay, seriously, what was I thinking with that veil?!), but we've changed so much from that day 5 years ago. At this time 4 years and 364 days ago, I was celebrating at the rehearsal luau, hosted by my in-laws and surrounded with many friends and family. Tomorrow, at 4 pm, marks the time the wedding ceremony started.* And at that time, I will be packing my bags for a mystery getaway trip this weekend. I can't wait to get away - even for a few days - from all this moving/saying good-byes/getting ready for Japan "stuff." I could use the time away and this celebration deserves to be recognized. It's been a crazy five years, with many ups and downs, but I wouldn't have it any other way or with anybody else.

Love you, Noa!




*Actually the ceremony started late because we were waiting on some of Noa's aunts to show up!

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:14 PM

    Love you too j-doll. You are gonna love this little trailer park I found for the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:08 AM

    Happy Anniversary you two! Have a wonderful weekend getaway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary to you both. It's a hard thing but you evidently have a good foundation for making it work. Five years is a milestone I can only imagine- from two attempts, I have a combined time of just over 2 years. That puts me in the running for Angelina Jolie. She's yet to fall in love with a thirty-something Librarian. Always have to look at the bright side of things. Maybe I should stop showering on a daily basis and adopt a kid from Malaysia to make myself more marketable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:13 PM

    You 2 are a great pair!! Have a wonderful Anniversary!! Can't wait to hear all about the surprise getaway!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary!

    We love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary! Hope you're enjoying your much needed away time together! We love you!!

    ReplyDelete