05 November 2006

Weekend Update

Another weekend come and gone and not without tears this time. I got a serious case of homesickness this week and longed for life to be the way it used to be. Even though I really like it here, I miss many aspects of how life used to be before moving here. Thankfully, our dogs will be joining us in 3 weeks and the Apostles are due to visit at the end of December. Until then, I am staying busy, trying to blog, and trying to enjoy the many opportunities here. Here are some of the highlights of this past weekend:

-went to my first Starbucks in Japan
-went to the O-club for drinks and dancing - wasn't in the dancing mood (again, dealing with homesickness)
-shopped at the Christmas sale at the Kadena gift shop (it's that time of year again)
-spent 5 hours getting my classroom in shape before Parent-Teacher conferences next week
-planned my lesson for my observation this week by my principal (yep, I'm freaking out)
-visiting one of the local pet shops (quite disappointed with it)
-learned to play MaJong - I think I'm hooked!
-went out to eat at my new favorite restaurant - a Nepalese place (basically serves different kinds of Indian curry dishes with REAL naan bread)
-walked along the beach in the evening
-discovered the pirate ship that is a playground



1 comment:

  1. Wish we could've gone to that Starbucks together. I could use a Pumpkin Spice Latte and a Julie conversation...about dogs, our men, decorating, anything! Miss you, friend, and love you dearly.

    ReplyDelete