18 June 2007

Birthday

It's official. I'm now 28. Megs made me a rice krispie cake, but by the time I was able to take a photo, I had already eaten a corner of it - oops!

Yesterday, Noa had the day off and he had planned a dive trip for us, but it was cancelled due to poor visibility (most likely, I'd have to raincheck the dive anyway because my sinuses are messed up right now). So, it looks like we'll take the dive this weekend instead - we'll be diving with WHALE SHARKS! I'm so excited. He even borrowed a friend's underwater digital camera because he knows how important it is for me to photo document everything ("it's all about the blog" are famous words in the Hammer household). So, stay tuned for details on that trip!


In spite of the poor weather yesterday, we decided to drive up north and see the butterfly garden and aquarium (one of my favorite places on the island).

Noa and I model the goofy red hats provided to attract butterflies:

Our self portrait:
At the aquarium:
I still think the garden eels are cute, even if they are eels:

I tried so hard to get a good photo of this sea turtle, but I missed my window of opportunity:
After that we went out to dinner with friends and had an impromptu game night at our place. Much fun was had.


Lastly, here is one of my favorite gifts from Noa - a "purse camera" (as I call it). Now I can have a camera with me at all times to capture more funny things in Japan.

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! Can't wait to celebrate with you in the States, in just a few weeks!! Love you, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:53 AM

    Let's see, a birthday and an anniversary within 2 weeks of each other..... where have I heard about this before? Remember, families are like sundaes - mostly sweet with a few nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! I'm totally jealous of your new purse camera. :) Can't wait to hear about your dive with the whale sharks. Did you see the movie "Jackass"? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't see it, but you know I'll be blogging about the event!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:12 PM

    Hey Julie! Happy Birthday - sorry we didn't get to phone this time. Miss you guys tons - along with the late-night rum & coke, Killer Uno fests! much love, Marc, Vanessa, & Isaac

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy belated birthday Julie! I can't wait to see the whale shark photos too... I think I had a dream about that once... but I'll wait until AFTER you dive to share it. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete