03 June 2008

An Unfortunate Mail Surprise

I have a secret joy: I love getting the mail.

It may be because I don't get to do it very often, since our mailbox is located on the base where Noa works.  In Florida, I would often check our mailbox twice a day (just in case...).

It may be due to my enjoyment of online shopping.

Or it may just be that mail serves as a connection to "the outside world" for me.  

I love getting the mail.  Yeah, I'm strange, I know.

Today I got to check it since I was at a training at a different base than Kinser.  To my surprise and delight, we had some packages.  Unfortunately, this was what I was handed at the counter:  a wet box in pieces in a sealed bag.  Greeeeeaaaatttt.

Here's the culprit: Method shower cleaner.  The bottle is empty.
I could file a claim, but over something that is only $4, it's not really worth it to me.  Everything else in the package was unaffected by the apparent leak.  Well, so much for trying to clean greener...

5 comments:

  1. What a downer! I, too get excited for mail, so I can only imagine your dismay when you see your package soaking wet!
    Better luck next time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:39 AM

    Hilarious!
    That happened to me in Iraq. I got a box (i think it was from you guys or maybe huntingtons) that had a bunch of really light coke cans in it and the box was dripping wet!!!
    -A-town

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:49 AM

    happy belated anniversary :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh bumm!, but kinda funny too :)

    ReplyDelete