26 January 2009

A New Year

In case you didn't know, it's the year of the ox (sometimes also referred to as a cow) in Japan.  If Wikipedia is even somewhat close in the explanation of  the symbolism of the ox, it's going to be an interesting year:


Really, you know I don't believe all that, but it is interesting to know what the surrounding culture may be thinking about the year ahead.

So what does the new year bring??  Well, I obviously can't see into the future, but I do have some things to look forward to:
  • Noa returning home!  He's been gone since July on deployment.  He should be back next month!
  • Babies!  No, not mine, but we have good friends who are expecting little ones.
  • Travel!  We're hoping to go to China, Hawaii, and see family in the States again.  Who knows where else we'll end up?
  • Saying good-bye and hello.  Sadly, being in the military means we meet and say good-bye to friends frequently.  Some of our best buds are scheduled to leave Okinawa this summer.
I look forward to blogging all these upcoming events (and more!).  Hopefully, the blogging will be more frequent.  So, here's to 2009!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:49 AM

    Here's to 2009 !!! Can't wait to get back to Oki!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for BOTH of you to get your butts to Hawaii for a GREAT Hampostle reunion!!! Can't wait for all your fun 2009 plans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think of you and Noa everyday! Your 2009 will be amazing.

    ReplyDelete