14 March 2010

Weird Things on the Wall

There were a couple of weird things I saw this past weekend that you just don't see everyday. Like this air freshener in a public bathroom. Notice anything strange?
I find it bizarre that the company that makes these are called "Tomato." I almost expected it to smell like ketchup or marinara in there.

I also visited a dressing room in one of the local Japanese clothing stores and had to take a picture of this:
They have "face shields" for when you try on clothes. I guess it's a smart idea considering your makeup can get on the new clothes. I've had the unfortunate experience of grabbing a shirt of the rack and seeing foundation smeared on the collar. Noa thought they looked like they could suffocate you, but I think they are made of breathable papery fabric.

Oh, and an interesting note about Japanese dressing rooms: you have to take your shoes off before going in!

3 comments:

  1. I love all the fun Japanese facts :) You're going to miss that place!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shoes thing would do me in. I can't stand standing on bare carpet in a dressing room - I usually stand on my shoes. Too many years working at JCPenney saw my fair share of the many disgusting things people do in dressing rooms. GROSS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. FruitDaddy5:25 PM

    I always take off my shoes when I eat tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete