I've got cars on the brain. It could be because in just 3 months we'll be in the market for some cars. We're going with used cars this time. As much as I LOVED having a new car (I {heart} you, Honda Civic), it's just not financially smart at this time. Besides, after living in Oki, where you can get a great ride for just a couple of grand, it's hard to imagine plunking 20K down for some new wheels.
We LOVE Hondas. We scour Craigslist often, even though we aren't even on the right continent yet. We're looking at prices, models, and trying to narrow down what we are ultimately interested in. Here's what we know:
- we'll need two cars
- one of those cars (mine) will be a family car (for our someday expanding family...and, no, not yet....)
- we don't want to spend a lot
It's hard for me to swallow my pride sometimes and realize that I probably won't get the car of my dreams. And, really, that's okay. I'm not really a car person anyway. It doesn't have to be perfect. It does have to be safe. It does need to be reliable.
I know we'll be getting "new" cars soon, so I've been checking them out as I'm driving around. I'm a little surprised by what I'm really liking these days. I've come to love some of the Japanese models. My newest obsession is the Nissan Cube. I think they are so fun!

I know, I know...I'm crazy, right? My friend drives one here are really likes it. I like the Honda Fit too, but it's obviously not as big.

These are both available in the states, but for some reason, I don't find them as endearing. I dunno, maybe they are different models, perhaps? Anyway, we're keeping our eyes open for good car deals and continue to save our pennies for all of these large expenses we'll have upon moving back to the good ol' US of A.
On a random car note....here's a lowrider we spotted the other day. Noa couldn't help but stare:
LOVE the tv mounted on the hood, now is that as distracting as texting while driving??
ReplyDeleteBaron went with a used car when we got here and loves it. I did get a brand new mini van! Please let us know if we can help you out with car shopping and rides once you get here! A added note my van does have tv in the dash board but only works when you are not in Drive!
ReplyDelete