05 December 2010

Deck the Halls: Outside

Again, we're keeping it simple this year, especially when it comes to the outside Christmas decorations.  Originally I wanted to have two potted trees on each side of the front door with white lights.  I picked up a pair for a steal of a deal at JC Penny on Black Friday, only to find out that they were too small for the space.  Bummer.  

So, I returned them and for now, we are using lighted garland to brighten up the space.


Please ignore the power cord.  I haven't yet learned how to hide it.  Here's the up-close shot of the wreath I made.


The wreath is actually a fake wreath that I had on hand, but I plumped it up with tree trimmings I found around the neighborhood.  I then added the sparkly picks (from Walmart) and the bow (ribbon from Michaels).  Not my best work, but fun and cheerful nonetheless.

Lastly, added some candles in the windows (candles from Target in oil rubbed bronze).


Here's the big picture, taken just before the sun went down:




4 comments:

  1. Way to deck the halls, Ju! So crafty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute Julie! Love the candles in the windows, I have some of those myself:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I'm sure it was fun decorating your own house!!

    ReplyDelete