10 December 2010

"Working"

You may or may not know that I am not currently working.  I explained some of that here, but basically it boils down to me needing to get a Washington teaching certificate.  I'm in the process of doing so, but in the meantime, I've found some things to keep me very busy.  A few days a week I work in a kindergarten classroom in one of the local schools as a classroom volunteer.  The other days I work as a volunteer at the local Humane Society.  I walk dogs and work in the receiving area where we check in strays and surrendered animals.  Here I am in my volunteer clothes (back at the hometel):

Neither job is glamourous (or paid), but I enjoy them and it keeps me busy.  Something else that keeps me busy is this:


I've been buying buying old furniture from Craigslist and from thrift stores and I plan on fixing it up and using it in our new place.  I'm pretty excited to take on this project, in addition to a few other creative endeavors.

Of course, the house itself gives me plenty of opportunities to work.  I have many plans for each room, including painting, adding furniture, and changing things a bit to make it more "us."  


Eventually I hope to take on a "real" job, but for now, I've got plenty to keep me busy and working.


4 comments:

  1. Cool bench! Can't wait to see all the stuff you refurbish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. See...maybe you found your nitch?! I can't wait to see the outcome of your furniture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome! Can't wait to see what happens

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey Julie, my mom works for the falcons as a charter flight attendant for delta. She is going to Seattle this weekend for the seahawks falcons game and would love to have lunch with you guys. I don't know how far you are from Seattle but I just thought I would let you know. I hope all is well and give Noa my best

    ReplyDelete