30 January 2012

Incident



Dear Local Target Employees,

I want to apologize for the scene you may have witnessed in your store today.  You see, I was the one who was running through the housewares aisle with a screaming baby.  I can assure you that I had made all the proper precautions to ensure this wouldn't happen: the baby had been fed, changed, and should have been sleeping.  You'd think the stroller and car ride would have lulled her into a peaceful slumber, but no, my child eludes every sleep plan thrown at her.  I did not mean to practically knock down customers in order to make my way to the door, but when a baby is screaming like a wild banshee, well, you'd probably do the same.  Oh, and yes, that was my full shopping cart left in the middle of the store.  I realize one of your employees had to put all those items back, but surely it was worth it in order to have the frazzled mom and screaming child out of there ASAP.

Please, please forgive me.  I understand that today I was "that mom." The one who leaves her full cart in order to get her kid out of the store.  The one who plows through customers to get to the door quickly.  The one who has a kid that can be heard from the opposite end of the store.  I take full responsibility.  I wish I could say it won't happen again, but I'm learning that sometimes I just have no control.

                                                                                                        My deepest apologies,
                                                                                                        Julie


P.S. - Look, it worked....she was like this by the time I got home!




P.P.S. - Okay, the truth is she woke up as soon as I took this pic.  Still, I wanted to capture the image just to know that it's actually possible for her to sleep at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment