It's been a busy weekend over in our part of the world. Noa's mom, Carol, arrived on Saturday, just in time for us to walk through downtown Poulsbo for Viking Fest, an annual event celebrating the Norwegian roots of our tiny town.
Viking tent displays were in the middle of the fair food and entertainment.
Organizers held a paddleboat race on Liberty Bay. I am not envious of the participants at all. That water is probably FREEZING!
Noa and Carol - I should have made them wear some Viking helmets, complete with the horns, for this photo....guess there's always next year.
Someone was looking pretty cool for the event.
We probably enjoyed the walk through Poulsbo Place as much as the festival, maybe even more. It's such a cute little neighborhood! All the houses are painted in fun, bright colors and they all have immaculate gardens. We kept oohing and aahing over each one.
I went in to work for a few hours on Saturday morning. It was worth it because I got to see 36-hours-old kittens! They were so, so small!
On Sunday we helped a friend with some yardwork. After a break for a bite to eat, she brought out the family's snake to show the kids that were there. Although I'm not much of a snake fan (I much prefer animals with fur), I really wanted to hold him. The snake behaved himself, but I was still a little creeped out by him. Thankfully, I was able to hold it together for the picture.
He's a corn snake. His name is Kernal...ha ha.
Noa was much cooler than me when it was his turn to hold Kernal.
In other weekend news, Ruby tried avocado for the first time.
She liked it!
She kept trying to grab the spoon from Noa.
And when she did, she managed to get avocado all over her hands, which led to her getting avocado all over her face. She didn't seem to care one way or another, as long as her thumb was still available. That's become the new favorite thing to suck on.
Oh, and as promised, here is a a picture of her first tooth. I circled it since it's not easy to see in this photo. Ta-da!
We are so excited to have grandma in town for the week. I'm sure there will be lots to blog about during her visit! Stay tuned!

No comments:
Post a Comment