12 August 2006

Moving Right Along

Here are some updates from Okinawa:

-We've moved into our apartment! We're on the water with a beautiful view, but we have UGLY loaner furniture from the government and the walls are very bare. Currently, we are trying to learn how to work the dryer and the air conditioners that have buttons with kanji labels.

-I've found out where and what I'll be teaching. I'll be teaching 6th grade at Amelia Earhart Intermediate School (3 - 6 gradeS) at Kadena Air Force Base.

-We do not have internet or phone access currently. So - blogging will be at a minimum until we get our line up and running. Hopefully, I'll be able to borrow some computers and head to the internet cafe a few times this week.

Just think, once we get our own line - pictures will be posted!!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:55 AM

    Views are permanent, furniture can be covered, and who really believes you will leave the walls bare? It's kind of like having a blank canvas and a new set of paintbrushes. Go for it! ps - sixth grade boys are clueless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:07 AM

    Julie, you are amazing at decorating..so I imagine a drab place will be transformed by your creativity. Can you paint walls in your apt?? I think it is worth the compromise of a BEAUTIFUL view.
    Can't wait to see pics of your apt.
    Love mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete