20 August 2006

Overwhelmed

We made it to the Beer Festival (gotta love that Orion) but missed the Eisa dancing because we got our huge shipment late Saturday. We spent all day Sunday working on unpacking boxes, running errands, and trying to get our lives in order. We didn't get very far. We still have boxes everywhere. And of course, being the organizer that I am, I can't stand trying to find things in our place. Noa and I are running around saying things like, "have you seen the camera? Where's the cord to the DVD player? Where am I supposed to put 4 tennis rackets?" Etc. etc.

It's kinda bad timing to be moving in all our stuff since today marks the first official day of work for both of us. Noa and I are spent the whole day in orientation sessions, but I got some time in my classroom. Speaking of my classroom, you'll never believe this - I'm being switched again! No, not to another school or grade like before, but I'm moving into a different kindergarten room. One of the other kindergarten teachers is teaching a combo class of kindergarten and first grade this year, so she'd like to use adjoining rooms. My (old) room was next to an empty classroom, so she asked if we could switch. Since I'm used to changing things at the last minute (and really, I hadn't really done anything with the room anyway), I agreed to change. I also got to meet the paraprofessional, AKA my classroom aide, and some other staff members today, so I guess you could say that I'm starting to get settled at work.

Currently I'm torn between working at school and working at home. Both places need major unpacking and decorating done. Obviously, I'll be putting in most of my time at school, but I hate coming home to boxes and piles. I'm seriously overwhelmed by both tasks as the jobs seem insurmountable. Maybe I just gotta crack open an Orion (or when I'm at school, a Coke) and start with whatever is closest to me. It'll get done....eventually.

1 comment:

  1. Makes me overwhelmed to think of all you have to do! Wish we were there to help unpack and settle you in!!

    ReplyDelete