01 September 2006

Where, Oh, Where?


You may have been wondering why I haven't been blogging lately. To be honest, I miss it and I hate not being able to blog. But, currently my life is consumed by making preparations for kindergarten. I've been putting in long days at the school (10 - 12 hours) and then continue my work at home. So I barely have time to do "regular" activites, like eat, sleep, or blog. Okay actually I've managed to fit in the eating and sleeping, but unfortunately, blogging had to be put on the back burner. Hopefully, I'll be able to do a little more this week and post pics of my finished classroom. The first day of school for the kindergarteners is Wednesday! I've already met most of the little buggers, since we've been conducting home visits* this past week. This weekend I do get one non-school activity: Noa and I are attending Okinapa, a wine event held on one of the bases. The rest of the holiday weekend will be spent at school. There are only 5 days left - I better get back to work.




*The school system requires that all incoming kindergarten students have a home visit conducted by their teacher. These home visits are an opportunity to discuss kindergarten with the parents and conduct an early assessment of the child's academic skills.

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:00 PM

    Oh, where, oh, where
    Has my little girl gone?
    Oh, where, oh, where is she at?
    Withing her moving and cleaning,
    And driving and eating,
    She needs nine lives like a cat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, I know you are exhausted. Sadie and Gunn Gunn (Julianna's name) for him, send their love. They will be so muscular when they come to Japan!!! We love you!!! Noa, the new haircut is HOT. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, it seems like all you guys do is work and drink...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You seem so excited about school starting ... I bet you'll do awesome! Enjoy the wine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julie...do you feel taller in Japan?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, kind of funny that we're posting a comment but Tom and I feel like we know you so well through Mike and Jess. Just had to say that a little wine drinking this weekend might be just what you need after a stressful week! Of course, be careful or you'll have a different kind of headache ;)

    ReplyDelete