10 February 2008

A Must See

I've aways been a sucker for musicals.  Maybe it's because I was an aspiring Broadway star as a 9-year-old.  Maybe it's because I can be a hopeless romantic.  Or, I just like to have material to sing in the shower.  For whatever reason, I love 'em.  
Which brings me to the topic at hand: you've got to see this movie.  Once is a low-budget, modern day musical that is not your everyday love story.  It even has a "Lost in Translation" feel, as one of my friend's put it.  The buzz for this movie started at the Sundance Film Festival, but I got wind of it this weekend while viewing it at a friend's house.  


Two things to know before watching this flick:
1 - There is language in it, especially at the beginning.  Be forewarned.
2 - I think it's best with the subtitles on.  It's a foreign film and although the characters speak in English, the accents can make it hard to understand.

Now I just have to get my hands on the soundtrack.

4 comments:

  1. I have the soundtrack and I'm "on the list" at the library to get the DVD. I can't wait to watch it! Glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noa and Julie,

    I hope all is well, I enjoy reading your blog. Anyway I wanted to let you guys know that I am getting ready to graduate. If I could have an email address so that I could send you guys a graduation announcement, I would appreciate it. Be good.

    Kyle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love musicals! I might have to catch that one!
    Thanks for the rec!
    Hope all is well in Oki.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Julie! I am one of Jess Apostles friends! I just wanted to say I love this movie too! It is so good!

    ReplyDelete