06 March 2010

100 Yen Fun: Erasers

I missed last week's 100 Yen Fun, so I'm making this about something that comes in multiples. As always, the Japanese find a way to make something mundane into something fun, adorable, and just plain cute: erasers. Step into any 100 Yen shop and you'll find a vast array of erasers in little shapes and designs. Check it out:

You might not be able to read the packaging, but on the top right it tells you the kind of eraser, these being "restaurant" and "dessert." The sandwich in the "restaurant" package comes apart and even has pieces of lettuce, tomato, and meat! Another kind of eraser is "animals":

I've had students in the past who collect these little guys. In fact, these erasers are headed to the treasure box in the classroom. I personally like the kneadable erasers, which are bendable like putty:

I chose this one because I like the pineapple scent, but there were several other scents to choose from including strawberry, apple, coke, and even beer-scented! Ooookkkaayyy. The strangest erasers I found were definitely the naked babies. The babies, who are anatomically correct come with bottles that go in their mouths.



I think we can all safely assume these will NOT be headed for the Kindergarten treasure box!

1 comment:

  1. I miss the 100 Yen store erasers! They were so much fun! I loved buying them for my class store. My favorites were the 10 pack of fruit scented ones. Yum!

    Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete