14 March 2006

Animal Crackers


Here are some photos from Sunday's visit to the zoo with Noa's sisters, Amy & Anya, our nephew, Matthew, and Mike & Jess. It was a beautiful and warm day - perfect for the zoo. Some of the days' favorites were the jaguars, leopard, squirrel monkeys, lemurs, and an animal called a capybara (which I later found out is actually the world's largest rodent!!).




I also had the opportunity to go with Mike and Jess to visit a rottie breeder near Gainesville. I went along to be the "outside opinion" who can look at the puppies, dogs, and breeder without the emotional tie to the puppies. Frankly, I was impressed. The puppies were adorable, of course, but I was really interested in the breeder's older dogs, who were just great. The dam, Jane, was super friendly and affectionate, as were her pups. The breeder was very informative and I liked his perspective and attitude toward the breed. So it has been decided that in a couple of weeks, the Apostles will be picking out one of the little furballs to call their own. I'll be anxously awaiting that day and until then, I'm reading up all I can on rotties and puppy care. I gotta be ready since I will, afterall, be the dog's aunt; actually, I'll be the dog's favorite aunt.

3 comments:

  1. I know Sarge will love having you as his aunt. You will be his favorite treat-giver, just like I am Sadie's :)

    Can't wait to have our furkids all romp around together in our new backyard!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:43 AM

    Hey Julie, you look hot in that picture! Whats your secret? Hey did you celebrate on the 9th too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. puppies!

    I'd love to have one of those...Dexter might feel differently though.

    And yeah, you look totally hot. Or is that Hawt?

    ReplyDelete