29 March 2006

Like A Chicken with My Head Cut Off

My mom used to use the phrase, "I'm running around like a chicken with my head cut off."

She knew what that looked like. I was told that my grandfather would purchase like chickens when my mom was young. He'd take them onto the porch and chop off their heads. I guess it took a little while before the body realized that the head was no longer attached and then the chicken died. Gross.

Anyway - I haven't blogged in awhile because I've been so busy with school (one month to go until I graduate!), getting the dogs ready for Japan (vaccinations, vet appointments, paperwork), and other random things (like working at the bookstore). One of the many things I have to do today is meet up with Mike and Jess later. Today is the day that they pick up Sarge - yahoo!! I can't wait to finally meet the little rascal. If you looked on their blog, you've already seen how cute he is, but I'll be sure to take some pictures tonight and post them. We're already planning our first playdate with Sarge, Sadie, and Gunnar (M & J also had a fence recently installed at their house). He's going to be their best friend. I'm excited too because when he gets bigger, he can protect them from invasive and pushy dogs at the dog park.

It's very handy having a rottweiler as your best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment