This weekend Mike, Jess, Noa, and I are headed to Orlando for the weekend to celebrate Jess' birthday. So, we have to have someone care for the dogs. Usually, I have some IG-experienced friends that can take them, but neither are available this weekend. Plan B in a situation like this is to book the dogs at a boarding facility. Thankfully we have several great boarding places in the Jacksonville area.
Yesterday afternoon I called every boarding facilty in the northeast quadrant of the state. ALL were booked!! Panic crept in as I crossed the names off the list and time was running out (I had to go to class). The only other option would be to book the dogs at a facility that outside of the Jacksonville area, such as a place on the way to Orlando. That way, we could drop the dogs off on our trip down there. After getting the OK from the crew, I did just that. The ironic (I think, I never really understand irony, Noa always has to help me figure out if something is just funny or ironic) thing is that while I was placing their reservation at a facility about 2 hours away from here, my phone was beeping with another caller. Since this was during my class break and I was taking long-distance, I ignored the beep. After class I check my messages, only to hear that one of the boarding places was calling me back saying they could fit Sadie and Gunnar in. Ugh....
All is well this morning. I cancelled their reservation at the facility far away and booked them at the local place. Now, I have to gather all their paperwork , food, etc. I get so nervous and worked up when I leave them somewhere. I'm sure it's a familiar feeling that parents get when they leave their kids at school for the first time. I know they'll love it (playtime every 2 hours!!), but it's hard to hand your "babies" over to someone else. I guess it's a vacation for them too. Besides, you know they'll be spoiled once the workers there are charmed by Gunnar's playfulness and Sadie's kisses. I'll probably have to bribe them to come home with me on Monday.
aww poor babies. I'm sure they'll be fine. We need to schedule me a time for a visit. Jax Beach anyone?
ReplyDelete