15 September 2006

Ode to the Weekend

The weekends have yet to be work-free (both Noa and I are putting in time this weekend), still I feel like a Visa commercial is playing in the background as I go throughout my day.

General pick-up and cleaning of the apartment: 1 hour
Stopping by the classroom to take care of a "few" things: 5 hours
Catching up on paperwork: 3 hours
Talking on the phone to relatives and friends in the states: 4 hours
Getting to sleep in until 8:00: priceless!

If you know me well, you know it's all about the sleep! :)

On another note, I wanted to give a shout out to an avid blog reader: my mom! She celebrated her birthday this past week and has become an active reader and poster to my blog, so I thought I use this moment to announce to the world: Happy Birthday, Mom! You're the best! Love you! Here's a cute photo of my mom from my grad school graduation.



 Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:48 PM

    Your mom is beautiful, Julie and it's clear where you got your sunny smile from. Happy Birthday Mom. Love, Sadie and Gunnar's temporary foster mom

    Julie- I can totally relate- public school is driving me CRAZY with "will you participate in this, can you send in 20 more dollars for this, we need items for a "around the world basked to be raffled off, let's make it the cutest, there's a luncheon on Wed, what can you bring, this field trip is $20 - ARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH- freee time?? What's that. Got two elderly IGs last weekend too. 8 and 10. Read your email- Pica has bad knees. :( Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:42 PM

    Julie, how sweet of you to post our picture in honor of my birthday! And the phone message from you and Noa was equally as thoughtful. THANK YOU! From what we read and see, you are living one adventure after another...how fun!
    Love you, mom
    To Anne:
    Anne, give a hug to those grandpuppies of mine in Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:03 PM

    Wow! This is all very exciting! I like the wind tunnel effect in the picture and the pic of Loni and Julie is VERY nice! Nice to see you enjoying the adventures. Maia

    ReplyDelete